12 week fast track Ayurvedic training course
Venue: Ayurvedic Natural Health Centre - Calangute, Goa, India.
Dates of commencement of the course 2010 - 2011
15/03/2010 - 24/04/2010
26/04/2010 - 05/06/2010
11/10/2010 - 20/09/2010
22/11/2010 - 31/12/2010
03/01/2011 - 12/02/2011
14/02/2011 - 26/03/2011
28/03/2011 - 07/05/2011
24/10/2011 - 03/12/2011
Course: Intensive Ashtanga Ayurveda Training Course
Course Contact Hours: 5 hours (300 minutes) per day on all weekdays, except on Sundays
Course duration: 6 weeks
Course Faculty: B.A.M.S-Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery a 5 & = years institutional course in ayurveda.
Venue: Ayurvedic Natural Health Centre-Goa, India. (Calangute)
Course Fee: Tuition: € 1250 Accom: € 450 Meals:€ 400
Total Tariff: € 210 This tariff includes
- Transport to and fro the Dabolim airport Goa
This tariff does not include
- Internet Facility
Eligibility for the course :
- An individual who would like to enhance the knowledge of holistic health practice.
- An individual who would like to incorporate the ayurvedic health service in ones regular healing procedure/practice.
- An individual who would like to set up a new ayurvedic centre.
- An individual who would like to learn the wonders of the herbs.
- An individual who would like to learn the in and outs of Indian Art of healing.
- An individual who would like to master the art of constitutional analysis of the human body type.
Gains at the end of the course :
- Certification at the end of successful completion of the course.
- The 6 weeks course is a comprehensive programme of learning which provides the learner with the opportunity to acquire health assessment and diagnostic skills of tri-dosha (vata/ pitta/ kapha) type, knowledge of treatments and an ability to appraise their effectiveness in maintaining the health and well being of the individual.
- The learner will emerge from this programme with an understanding of the scope of their knowledge and skills, and a commitment to taking continued responsibility for self-development as a therapist of the ayurvedic system of healthcare.
- ANHC envisage this certification to be a platform for further education and practice, which would eventually lead to be a diploma or degree holder of the ayurvedic system and get accredited to the association of ayurvedic practitioners at global ayurvedic bodies.
Training Schedule (subject to change)
- 9.30 pm to 11.45 am - Theory session
- 11.45 am to 12.00 noon- Break
- 12.00 noon to 2.30 pm - Practical session
Please note: Faculty for course are subject to change.
- 7.00 am - Light Breakfast
- 9.00 am - Main Breakfast
- 12.00 noon - Snacks
- 1.00 pm - Lunch
- 6.30 pm - Dinner
Please note: Except for only a single student for the course, the course participants will be live dummy for the practical session.
Theory Syllabus For 12 Weeks Course
- Objectives of ayurveda
- Definition of health in ayurveda
- Eight specialities of ayurveda
- Basic and primordial elements of universe and the human body
- Three humours (doshas)
- Daily routine
- Seasonal routine
- Dhatus and malas
- Rasas (6 tastes)
- Introduction to Prakruti (body constitution)
- Diet, sleep and sex three pillars of life
- Natural urges
- Method of ayurvedic formulations
- Medicinal use of common herbs and spices
- Dietics in ayurveda
- Introduction to panchakarma
- Vaman - Induced Vomittiing
- Virechan - Induced Purgation
- Rasayan therapy - Enhancement of Immunity
- Vajikaran therapy - Aphrodiasc treatment
- Dhatusaratva - Nutrition of body tissues
Ayurvedic Beauty (Theory Syllabus)
- Definition of beauty
- Body and its appearances
- Ayurvedic approach to beauty and body maintenance
- Factors that affect beauty
- Protection of beauty
- Dark patch
- Stretch marks
- Hair packs
- Professional etiquette
- Social conducts
Practical Syllabus For 12 Weeks Course
- Oil and its types
- Shiroabhyanga - Head massage
- Padabhyanga- feet massage
- Katiabhyanga - Back massage
- Ayurvedic oil massage
- Powder massage
- Janu vasti, Hrid vasti, Kati vasti, Manya vasti
- Netra tarpan
- Rakta mokshan
- Basti - medicated enema
- Shirodhara - Decoction
- Shirodhara - milk
- Swedan (steam)
- Taap swed
- Ushna taap swed
- Nadi swed
- Steam box
- Leaf Khizi
- Powder Khizi
- Sand khizi
Ayurvedic Beauty (Practical Syllabus)
- Home remedies for beauty problem
- Skin packs
- Hair packs